Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Current Projects

I am finally getting this blog started!  

My first post should really be titled "Half-finished endeavours."  It will be about some project I am working on (with pictures!) and then I will immediately put up a post with a recipe that worked really well for me (Pecan Lace cookies).  Thanks for stopping by. 

My hubby and I recently bought a Rococo revival couch at an antique store and, though I love it, it looks a bit bare.  So the current project is rev it up with a bunch of throw pillows.  It is a yellow couch so I am going with a bunch of navy and cream fabrics for the pillow.  The centerpiece is a Napoleonic royal bee that I have finally finished embroidering and the circular pillows will have large embroidered G's.





















I am also working on a cardigan for the hubby.  I have completed tons of scarves and am working on an aran afghan for my sister and BIL (not pictured) but I've never done a sweater.  So here goes.  This is just the back so far.



The biggest project I am working on is Freckled Little Hen Confections!  I'm not sure if it will be a cottage thing (in my state Cottage Food Vendors can only sell at Farmer's markets and roadside stands) or if I need to start a commercial endeavor so I am making a ton of samples of my Golden Salted Caramels, Dark Salted Caramels, and French Cremes (lemon and vanilla) to see what interest there is in my area.  I've also been working on my logo (which I'm going to use for my blog too, naturally).



I have also been working on the picture directory for our parish.  This has been a HUGE project (we've been collecting and taking pictures for 1 1/2 years) but I am pretty pleased with results so far (though I'll be more pleased when it is printed!).






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...