Friday, March 28, 2014

Fast & Easy: Perfect Cornbread


 I love recipes where you are done with the active part before your oven even heats up. And, as my husband says, the answer to "Would you like some cornbread?" is always "Yes!" So, here's my favorite cornbread recipe that always turns out perfectly moist on the inside and nice and crisp on the outside. And it has a great corn-y taste! Here I make muffins but I also love this as a cake (made in a skillet or in a normal cake pan) and as pancakes (though I would add a bit more milk to the batter for pancakes).

 

Perfect Cornbread 

(based on a this recipe)
Preparation Time: 5min
Cooking Time: 12-20min depending on pan

Ingredients

  • 1 C AP flour 
  • 1T- 1/4 C sugar (I prefer it sweet)
  • 1 T baking powder 
  • 3/4 t salt 
  • 1 C yellow cornmeal 
  • 1 egg, well beaten 
  • 1 C milk 
  • 6T butter, melted

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400F.  Grease a pan.
  2. Melt butter and allow to cool.  Add milk to aid cooling.  Beat the egg and add to the milk/butter mixture.
  3. Sift together first four ingredients.  Add cornmeal. 
  4. Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
  5. Add batter to the pan (I use a 1/4 C scoop to dole out portions into my muffin tin) and then bake until  it begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle is cleanish but still moist.
 I love these served warm with a touch of butter or honey (I said I like them sweet!).



Beaten egg.
Add milk to the melted butter to make sure it is cool.
Mix all the liquid ingredients together.






I am linking up to these great parties!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy recipe! Your link doesn't work but I found the recipe from The Prepared Pantry anyway. :) I will be making this! MMMmmm... Thanks, hunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Thanks for letting me know. It is fixed now! I hope you enjoy.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...